ACCOUNTANT – OAKLAND
Alta Vista is seeking an Accountant in Oakland, CA.
The Project Specialist (Accountant) is responsible for accurate and timely processing of Alta Vista’s monthly revenue and billing in accordance with contract rates and company policy. This position ensures projects are set up correctly in Vision, accurate revenue reporting and prompt monthly invoicing. The employee must be detail-oriented and have strong analytical and organization skills.
This is a Full Time position located in our Oakland office.
- Project set-up in Vision ensuring proper revenue recognition and accurate monthly billings
- Ensure complete client back-up documentation is provided for prompt client payment including timesheets, Travel Expense Claims, etc.
- Booking of monthly unit entries to properly segregate project versus indirect costs
- Monthly reconciliation and variance explanation for Accounts Receivable and Work-In-Progress
- Research any unbilled issues to optimize the billing possibilities for the billing period.
- Process consultant invoices in accordance to contract rates and policies
- Handle follow-up and collection of outstanding Accounts Receivable invoices
- Write off any uncollectible receivables, labor or expenses, as directed by the Project Manager.
- Ensure client invoices are paid within 90 days or initiate management meetings with client as necessary
- Handle monthly financial reports
- Assist with other monthly close activities such as reconciliations and variances explanations for expense accounts
- Provide year-end support of auditor requirements, which may include research and reconcilement.
- Assist with related special projects and reports as requested by Management and Project Managers
- Effective written, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills; ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision
- Ability to make good decisions using sound, professional judgment
- Detail oriented, positive professional attitude
- Strong work ethic and keen sense of urgency
- BS/BA degree in Accounting or Business Administration (equivalent combination of education and experience) preferred
- 1-2 years’ of relevant experience
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel required)
- Project Accounting experience preferred
- Perform multiple tasks effectively
- Strong analytical skills required
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skill
- Experience with Deltek Vision software 7.6 and working in construction a plus
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.