CERTIFIED WELDING INSPECTOR/ICC INSPECTOR – LOS ANGELES
If you are bold. If you are willing to be original and take risks. If you want to make a difference by improving our infrastructure, then you should be an AV-ator! Alta Vista Solutions nurtures its AV-ators to perform as leaders in our industry, providing innovative engineering solutions and embracing our clients’ challenges as our own. Our mission is to Do Right and give back, while providing a great place to work for our professionals who provide solutions for some of the country’s biggest and most complex infrastructure projects. If you want to make an impact; if you want to solve problems; if you want to have fun while learning and growing; then join Alta Vista and become an AV-ator.
Alta Vista Solutions is looking for a CWI inspector responsible for performing Quality assurance/Quality Control duties, coordinating and assuring all applicable codes and standards are met.
The CWI/ICC inspector will report to either a site manager or project manager who will establish clear expectations in terms of work quality, efficiency, and technical development. They will work directly with clients on technical aspects of the projects and therefore must be able to communicate technical requirements and deliverables clearly and concisely.
- Understand client and customer needs
- Must be capable of performing inspection for Quality workmanship
- Complete all required documentation including work logs and daily reports
- Develop innovative solutions to meet client and customer needs
- Operate within the customers’ safety protocols at all times
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must have a solid understanding and ability to implement the AWS D1.1 and D1.5 during fabrication of bridge material
- Must have understanding of International Code Council standards with DSA and OSHPD favorable
- Able to understand and verify material requirements including ASTM’s and their testing requirements
- Knowledge of Precast Concrete (PCI) is highly favorable including prestressing operations
- Must be able to maintain all certifications
- Ability to comply with OSHA guidelines and safe work practices
- Must have current CWI certification
- 5+ years’ welding experience preferred
- ICC certification in two or more methods with reinforced concrete, structural steel and bolting preferred.
- NDT Level 2 Certification is preferred
- PCI Level 2 is preferred
- High school diploma or GED required