CERTIFIED WELDING INSPECTOR/ICC INSPECTOR – RICHMOND
Alta Vista Solutions is looking for a CWI inspector responsible for performing Quality assurance/Quality Control duties, coordinating and assuring all applicable codes and standards are met.
The CWI/ICC inspector will report to either a site manager or project manager who will establish clear expectations in terms of work quality, efficiency, and technical development. They will work directly with clients on technical aspects of the projects and therefore must be able to communicate technical requirements and deliverables clearly and concisely.
- Understand client and customer needs
- Must be capable of performing inspection for Quality workmanship
- Complete all required documentation including work logs and daily reports
- Develop innovative solutions to meet client and customer needs
- Operate within the customers’ safety protocols at all times
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must have a solid understanding and ability to implement the AWS D1.1 and D1.5 during fabrication of bridge material
- Must have understanding of International Code Council standards with DSA and OSHPD favorable
- Able to understand and verify material requirements including ASTM’s and their testing requirements
- Knowledge of Precast Concrete (PCI) is highly favorable including prestressing operations
- Must be able to maintain all certifications
- Ability to comply with OSHA guidelines and safe work practices
- Must have current CWI certification
- 5+ years’ welding experience preferred
- ICC certification in two or more methods with reinforced concrete, structural steel and bolting preferred.
- NDT Level 2 Certification is preferred
- PCI Level 2 is preferred
- High school diploma or GED required