CONSTRUCTION INSPECTOR II/III – NEW YORK
Alta Vista Solutions is seeking a construction inspector with prior experience on bridges, tunnels, roadways, subway, or rail for project in and around New York Metro Area. This individual will be performing inspections of the construction activities including concrete, steel, and rail work.
- Perform inspection of contractor’s work to ensure construction activities are in accordance with plans, specifications, and contractual requirements.
- Perform and/or observe on-site material testing.
- Read and comprehend contract documents (i.e. plans, specifications, shop drawings).
- Provide thorough inspection reports and maintain detailed records of work performed.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum 2-5 years construction inspection required
- Experience as Construction Inspector on bridge or rail projects required
- NICET certification preferred
- OSHA 10 or 30 hour training preferred
- Experience with LIRR, NYSDOT, MNR, TBTA or other local agencies preferred