CONSTRUCTION INSPECTOR – NYC
Alta Vista Solutions is seeking a NACE construction inspector with prior experience on bridges and roadways or rail for projects in and around NYC and Long Island. This individual will be performing inspections of the construction activities including concrete, steel, coatings, and rail work.
- Perform inspection of contractor’s work to ensure construction activities are in accordance with plans, specifications, and contractual requirements.
- Perform and/or observe on-site material testing.
- Read and comprehend contract documents (i.e. plans, specifications, shop drawings).
- Provide thorough inspection reports and maintain detailed records of work performed.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- NACE Certification required
- Minimum 2 years construction inspection required
- Experience as Construction Inspector on bridge or rail projects preferred
- NICET certification preferred
- OSHA 10 or 30 hour training preferred
- Experience with LIRR, NYSDOT, NYSTA, TBTA or other local agencies preferred