EMERGENCY RESPONSE CLEANUP – CERTIFIED ASBESTOS CONSULTANT – PARADISE
Alta Vista is currently seeking a Certified Asbestos Consultant or Certified Site Surveillance Technician for deployment to Paradise, CA in support of the Campfire remediation efforts. Based on the general age of the homes that were impacted by the fire incident, if there is good reason to believe that these homes were or could have been constructed during a time when asbestos containing building materials were available for use, conduct a per site Asbestos Survey, after and in reference to the Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) Report summarizing their initial findings based on their preliminary hazardous waste assessment for asbestos containing material (ACM) for these properties.
- As necessary, asbestos qualified site inspectors shall conduct visual assessment of each property in the program base on a modified Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA) sampling approach on each lot for suspect ACM. Sampling of potential ACM will be conducted by a Certified Asbestos Consultant (CAC) or Certified Site Surveillance Technician (CSSTs) working under the direction of a CAC. The CAC or CSST will collect bulk samples for asbestos in representative lots and have them analyzed as appropriate. Full NESHAP asbestos surveys may be performed on partially burned structures as directed by the Operations Chief
- Contact and direct the registered Asbestos Removal Contractor debris removal team to properly collect, package, remove and dispose of the verified asbestos containing materials following best management practices for ACM removal.
- The CAC shall document the materials found, removed and disposed of to be included as part of the Final Site Clean Report
- If found necessary, the Environmental Unit Leaders staff shall also be required to prepare an Air Monitoring Plan, to be approved by both an appropriately certified professional and the OC, or their designee.
- If an Air Monitoring Plan is prepared, the Environmental Unit Leaders shall implement such plan, at the direction of the certified professional that approved the plan. The Environmental Unit Leaders shall also organize the sampling data results and prepare an overall Report, and separate reports, as required by the Air Monitoring Plan, and have it reviewed and approved by the appropriate certified professional.
- Certified Asbestos Consultant or Certified Site Surveillance Technician
- Willingness to work in remote and austere conditions