ENGINEER I/II – LOS ANGELES
Alta Vista Solutions (Alta Vista) is a client-centered, multidisciplinary engineering firm focused on effectively and efficiently solving today’s engineering challenges to keep projects moving forward. Recognized for providing innovative, realistic, and practical solutions, Alta Vista has helped infrastructure owners deliver some of the world’s largest and most challenging projects. Everyone at Alta Vista shares one common goal: to Do Right by our clients, our infrastructure and our people. We are seeking individuals to join our team who want to make a positive impact on our transportation, work to solve complex problems, and have fun while learning and growing in a collaborative environment.
Alta Vista Solutions is seeking an Engineer Level I or Level II for ongoing infrastructure projects that require a Civil engineering background. The level of the position will depend on the experience & qualifications of the candidate.
The ideal candidate will perform engineering assignments in construction management, material engineering and inspection for transportation and other infrastructure projects; must possess a solid grasp of fundamental engineering principles and exercise sound technical judgment. Under the supervision of a Professional Engineer, this position will require solving problems of low to medium difficulties. Some travel may be required.
- Preparing technical reports and daily inspection reports for review and approval by a licensed Professional Engineer
- Field inspection of structural materials such as cast-in-place, precast and pre-stressed concrete
- Analysis of inspected or tested data
- Research project files and specifications for compliance
- Analyze and respond to project submittals and RFIs under the direction of a professional engineer
- Responsible for creating, maintaining, and delivering database evaluation reports at all levels from executive summaries to detailed performance reports
- Ensures projects are completed on time
- Ability to assist with public presentations
- Interface and communicate with clients
- Perform administrative tasks where necessary
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Effective written, interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient using Microsoft Office (Word & Excel)
- Strong problem-solving skills, including identifying data quality issues
- Strong organizational skills, including an ability to prioritize activities with limited supervision
- Detail minded and attention to quality
- Results oriented and able to complete tasks on deadline
- E.I.T. Required
- B.S. in Civil or mechanical Engineering Required
- Valid California Driver’s License Required
- 1-3 years of professional relevant experience required
- Master’s Degree in Engineering preferred