FULL STACK WEB DEVELOPER – SACRAMENTO
Alta Vista Solutions is looking for a Full Stack Web Developer to take a key role on our team. The ideal candidate must have knowledge in all stages of the software development lifecycle and must be proficient in both back-end and front-end web application development. You will be working at the client’s location alongside other software engineers and developers on technology infrastructure for several web-based software applications. Our new team member will be a talented professional who pays attention to detail, has a passion to learn and share knowledge and values code readability as well as testability. Good communication skills are a must.
This position is located in Sacramento, CA. Some travel may be required.
- Write code for both front-end and back-end that is reusable, maintainable and extensible
- Develop intuitive, user-friendly, visually appealing front-end interfaces
- Implement server side logic to integrate with client side elements
- Optimize applications for security, performance, speed and operation on various devices
- Collaborate with other team members, end users and other stakeholders
- Design and implement data storage solutions while ensuring data integrity and security
- Maintain software applications and fix bugs
Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient understanding and experience with building web applications using PHP and Yii framework
- Extensive knowledge and experience with web markup languages including HTML5 and CSS3
- Advanced understanding and experience with front-end frameworks such as jQuery and Bootstrap
- High proficiency in relational database concepts – especially MySQL
- Capable of coding in C and C++.
- Experience using XML/XSD.
- Experience with Jira, Bitbucket, and Confluence
- Understanding of code versioning tools such as git and SVN
- Understanding of OWASP security principles
- Ability to implement automated testing code
- Familiarity with the Scrum process
- Ability to create and maintain software documentation
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret common technical data and industry documents
- Able to effectively present information to executive management, staff and other outside agencies
- Ability to work in a rapid and iterative development environment
- Incredibly detail oriented
- Results driven and able to complete tasks on time with little supervision
- Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- B.S. in Computer Science
- 3-5 years of professional experience