LEAD SCHEDULER – NEW YORK
Alta Vista is seeking a Lead Scheduler to join an exciting mega-project. This senior role will be responsible for scheduling and coordinating design, procurement, construction, and post construction activities on a major transportation project. The Lead Scheduler will report on and validate the contractor’s progress against schedule, track impacts and provide suggestions to mitigate or avoid delays, and develop lists of project activities and realistic durations based on contractor progress. This is a full-time position located in Westbury, NY.
- Track impacts due to project issues and generate impact assessments as related to project schedules. Provide Time Impact Analysis related to additional work orders or existing field conditions.
- Provide mitigation means and methods, elaborate What-If Analyses, and suggest corrective actions or develop recovery plans for occurring or anticipated delays.
- Develop lists of design, procurement, construction and post construction activities based on review of design documents and examination of site conditions. Develop realistic activity durations based on production rates and available manpower, and validate contractor-assigned resources.
- Update the CPM on a monthly basis, and generate any needed variance reports.
- Prepare and maintain post construction as-built schedules and lessons learned reports.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Effective written, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team involving staff, clients and outside
- Proficient using Microsoft Office (Word & Excel) and AutoCADagencies
- Highly proficient in CPM/Construction Scheduling
- Strong problem-solving skills, including identifying data quality issues
- Strong organizational skills, including an ability to prioritize activities and work with limited supervision
- Detail minded
- Results oriented and able to complete tasks on deadline with little supervision
- Ability to make good decisions using sound, professional judgment
- 10 years of experience in managing design and construction of major transit projects required
- B.S. in Civil Engineering or related technical degree required