MATERIALS INSPECTOR I NORTHERN CALIFORNIA – EUREKA
Alta Vista Solutions (Alta Vista) is a client-centered, multidisciplinary engineering firm focused on effectively and efficiently solving today’s engineering challenges to keep projects moving forward. Recognized for providing innovative, realistic, and practical solutions, Alta Vista has helped infrastructure owners deliver some of the world’s largest and most challenging projects. Everyone at Alta Vista shares one common goal: to Do Right by our clients, our infrastructure and our people. We are seeking individuals to join our team who want to make a positive impact on our transportation, work to solve complex problems, and have fun while learning and growing in a collaborative environment.
Alta Vista is seeking a Materials Inspector with minimal construction experience on transportation projects in the Northern California region (Del Norte, Humboldt, Lake, and Mendocino counties)
Duties include performing field and plant inspections during the production and placement of asphalt concrete, portland cement concrete, and other construction related material such as oil binder, aggregates, cements, and admixtures. Inspectors will also visit quarries and mine pits to witness material source sampling, stockpiling and testing samples of binders, cement admixtures and other related materials.
- Knowledgeable on material placement, sampling, and testing for Quality Assurance (QA) or Quality Control (QC) within construction and/or state transportation projects.
- Familiarity with weighing, batching, and testing equipment.
- With minimal training, acquire the ability to:
- Interpret material test data and prepare material inspection and testing reports.
- Visually recognize basic material properties throughout production and placement.
- Provide analytical determination of material acceptability and make clear recommendations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Ability to operate independently, or constructively with others.
- Possess a valid California driver’s licenses and be willing to travel temporarily as needed within the State of California.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Have the ability to lift and carry a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Minimal experience with construction materials and QA/QC procedures in construction.
- Desire to obtain additional relevant certifications.
- American Concrete Institute (ACI) certification for Concrete Field Testing Technician Grade 1 or similar type of certification.