MATERIALS INSPECTOR TRAINEE NORTHERN CALIFORNIA – EUREKA
Alta Vista Solutions (Alta Vista) is a client-centered, multidisciplinary engineering firm focused on effectively and efficiently solving today’s engineering challenges to keep projects moving forward. Recognized for providing innovative, realistic, and practical solutions, Alta Vista has helped infrastructure owners deliver some of the world’s largest and most challenging projects. Everyone at Alta Vista shares one common goal: to Do Right by our clients, our infrastructure and our people. We are seeking individuals to join our team who want to make a positive impact on our transportation, work to solve complex problems, and have fun while learning and growing in a collaborative environment.
Alta Vista is seeking a loyal, dedicated personnel with a desire to be committed to a career and a company. This position is for any individual seeking to begin a lifelong career in Materials Inspection starting out in the Northern California region (Del Norte, Humboldt, Lake, and Mendocino counties). No previous experience or certifications are required for this position. Alta Vista will provide any and all required training, once properly trained, job duties are listed below.
Post Training – Duties include performing field and plant inspections during the production and placement of asphalt concrete, portland cement concrete, and other construction related material such as oil binder, aggregates, cements, and admixtures. Inspectors will also visit quarries and mine pits to witness material source sampling, stockpiling and testing samples of binders, cement admixtures and other related materials.
- Motivated individual with a positive attitude, good work ethic, and an interest in materials inspection within construction.
- Desire to be committed to a career.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to operate independently, or constructively with others.
- Possess a valid California driver’s licenses and be willing to travel temporarily as needed within the State of California.
- Have the ability to lift and carry a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Desire to obtain additional relevant certifications.
- Knowledge on material placement, sampling, and testing for Quality Assurance (QA) or Quality Control (QC) within construction.
- Experience with construction materials and QA/QC procedures in construction.
- Familiarity with weighing, batching, and testing equipment.
LIST OF RELEVANT CERTIFICATIONS:
- American Concrete Institute (ACI) certifications for Concrete Field Testing Technician Grade 1 and ACI Aggregate Testing Technician Level 1.
- California Test Method (CTM) certifications for materials typically utilized in state transportation projects including CTM’s – 105, 125, 201, 202, 205, 216, 217, 226, 227, 231, 229 523, 524, 533, and 552.
- American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) certifications – T11, T27, T166, T176, T209, T248, T255, T269, T275, T308, T329, T335, and R47.
- National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET) Level 1 – Soils, asphalt, concrete, highway, and highway materials.