PROGRAM RISK LEAD – SACRAMENTO
Alta Vista Solutions (Alta Vista) is a client-centered, multidisciplinary engineering firm focused on effectively and efficiently solving today’s engineering challenges to keep projects moving forward. Recognized for providing innovative, realistic, and practical solutions, Alta Vista has helped infrastructure owners deliver some of the world’s largest and most challenging projects. Everyone at Alta Vista shares one common goal: to Do Right by our clients, our infrastructure and our people. We are seeking individuals to join our team who want to make a positive impact on our transportation, work to solve complex problems, and have fun while learning and growing in a collaborative environment.
Alta Vista is currently looking for a Risk Analyst for our Sacramento, California office.
- Coordinating and leading the risk management team meetings
- Identification of project risks via workshops with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
- Developing, maintaining, and updating project Risk Management Plans and Risk Registers through the various phases of project development and construction
- Performing cost and schedule risk analysis utilizing the Monte Carlo simulation software
- Works with the project controls staff in incorporating appropriate risk in the cost and schedule assessments and establishing contingencies
- Setting up the risk management information system
- Contribute to Executive and Board level papers and reports
- Performs related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field preferred but not mandatory
- 10+ years’ experience in risk management working for construction or engineering firm, preferably Transportation/Infrastructure projects
- Proficiency with risk management software such as Primavera Risk Analysis, @Risk, Active Risk Manager
- Demonstrable technical risk management acumen – including the building and running of detailed quantitative cost (QCRA) and schedule risk (QSRA) models and the interpretation of analysis results
- Experience in a public-sector Risk Management role preferred
- Relevant Risk Management qualification from a recognized Institution preferred
- Experience with transportation projects in California preferred
- Proficiency with computer software applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint preferredj
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.